10 Dec Pete Gunn, 76 headed West November 20th
DONALD J. “PETE” GUNN, 76 of Street, MD, United States Air Force F-100 fighter pilot and Vietnam veteran headed west on Thursday, November 20, 2014 from Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD. He was with 309th TFS at Homestead in ’64/65 and flew with the 612th TFS, and 9th AF Stan-Eval.
Born in Allentown, NJ on July 30, 1938, Pete was an adoring son of the late James Gunn and Alice Horner (Conover) Gunn and brother of the late Douglas William Gunn and a devoted husband of 36 years to Santa M. Gunn and the late Carolyn Ann Holcomb.
Following his career in the Air Force, Pete continued his passion for flying by serving 20 years as a pilot for USF&G Insurance Company and Dassault-Falcon Jets.
In addition to his wife Santa, he is survived by his beloved by his children and stepchildren:
- Joseph Kramer and his wife, Nancy of Newport News, VA
- Timothy Gunn of Camas, Washington
- Timothy Kramer of Tyler, TX
- Kimberly Gunn Rutledge and her husband, James of White Hall, MD
- Michael Gunn and his wife, Marianne of Timonium, MD
- Tracy Clavey of Richmond, VA
- David Clavey and his wife, Angela of Oklahoma City, OK
- Daniel Gunn and his wife, Heather of Omaha, NE
Also 14 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren as well as numerous loving nieces and nephews.
Visitation and Memorial service were at Highland Presbyterian Church, Street, MD 21154.
His family would appreciate contributions in his honor to the Wounded Warrior Project: www.woundedwarriorproject.org