Gordon F. Billington
Gordon Billington is a lifelong resident of Standish, ME, having graduated from Standish High School with the class of 1958.
Subsequently, he attended the Air Force Academy in Colorado graduating as a Second Lieutenant in the US Air Force in 1962. He served in the US Air Force until 1991, rising to the rank of Colonel. While in the Air Force he flew jet fighters and was stationed at multiple locations worldwide where he had the privilege of commanding jet fighter organizations.
Upon his Air Force retirement in 1991, he relocated back to Standish where he earned his Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Management from the Muskie Institute in 1995. Following an internship in Governor King’s office, he joined the Maine Department of Labor as the Director of Operations.
During this period, he also became a Standish Town Councilor serving as Chair in 1999. Gordon became Town Manager of Standish in 2001 and serves today.
- 1964 RTU Luke 4517 Combat Crew Training Squadron
- 1964-1965 428th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Cannon AFB, NM (F-100)
- 1965-1968 523rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Clark Air Base, Philippines (F-100)
- 1968-1969 522nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Cannon AFB, NM (F-100)
Awards & Decorations
Military & Civilian Education
- 1962 Air Force Academy, CO
- 1958 Standish High School, ME
- 1996 MBA/Public Policy and Management, University of Southern Maine