Frank B. Campbell
Preferred Name: Ted
Date of Birth: July 17, 1944
Highest Military Grade Held: 0-9 – Lieutenant General
Hometown: Aynor, SC
I loved every minute flying the F-100.
- 6/1967-6/1968 Pilot training, Reese AFB, TX
- 6/1968-3/1969 F-100 training, Cannon AFB, NM
- 3/1969-2/1970 614th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Phan Rang AB, Vietnam (F-100)
- 2/1970-9/1973 417th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho; Holloman AFB, NM/Takhli Royal Thai AFB, Thailand (F-4D)
- 9/1973-7/1976 Fighter tactics analyst, Deputy chief of staff, Intelligence, Headquarters US Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, West Germany
- 7/1976-6/1977 311th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Instructor pilot, Flight commander, Luke AFB, AZ (F-4)
- 6/ 1977-6/1979 555th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron/58th Tactical Training Wing, Instructor pilot and flight commander and chief, standardization, and evaluation, Luke AFB, AZ (F-15)
- 6/1979-8/1980 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 8/1980-10/1982 555th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Assistant operations officer and operations officer, Luke AFB, AZ
- 10/1982-8/1986 Action officer, fighter division; deputy division chief, programs division; and executive officer to the deputy chief of staff, programs, and resources, Headquarters US Air Force, Washington, D.C.
- 8/1986-3/1988 Instructor pilot and deputy commandant, USAF Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, NV (F-15)
- 3/1988-7/1988 Commandant, USAF Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB, NV.
- 7/1988-6/1989 4440th Operational Group Red Flag. Commander, Nellis AFB, NV
- 7/1989-7/1990 49th Tactical Fighter Wing, Vice commander, Holloman AFB, NM
- 1/1990-11/1991 49th Tactical Fighter Wing, Commander, Holloman AFB, NM
- 12/1991-4/1992 49th Operational Group, Commander, Holloman AFB, NM
- 8/1992-4/1993 Deputy director of forces, Deputy chief of staff, plans and operations, Headquarters US Air Force, Washington, D.C.
- 4/1993-3/1995, Director of modeling, simulation and analysis, Deputy chief of staff, plans and operations, Headquarters US Air Force, Washington, DC
- 4/1995-7/1995 Director of forces, Deputy chief of staff, plans, and operations, Headquarters US Air Force, Washington, DC
- 7/1995-11/1996 Director of Requirements, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, VA
- 12/1996-11/1997 Commander, Twelfth Air Force, and US Southern Command Air Forces, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
- 12/1997-12/2000, Director for force structure, resources, and assessment, J-8, the Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, DC
Awards & Decorations
Flight Hours: 4000 in F-100/F-4/F-15
Military & Civilian Education
- The Citadel