Donald James Campbell
“Because of the war (SEA), I FINALLY got to fly a fighter (F-100). Best year-and-a-half of my career (Luke AFB and Bien Hoa AB).”
Donald James Campbell (LtCol USAF, Ret) “Headed West” on August 5, 2021.
He said the best years of his AF career were flying the F-100 at Luke AFB in Arizona, and then in 1969 with the 510th Tactical Fighter Squadron out of Bien Hoa AB, in South Vietnam.
Don and his wife Kay were leaving in Sevierville, TN at the time of his passing. Kay notified the SSS last Friday of Don’s death. Don will be missed by his family and SSS friends.
Information on Don’s services will be added as it becomes available.
- 1958-1959 – Pilot Training (60-B), Bartow, FL (T-34, T-28)
- 1959-1964 – Lincoln AFB, NE, and Selfridge AFB, MI )KC-97)
- 1965-1968 – Ramey AFB, Puerto Rico (KC-135)
- 1968 – Transition Training RTU, Luke AFB, AZ (F-100)
- 1969 – 510th TFS, 3d TFW, Bien Hoa AB< RVN (F-100)
- 1970-1974 – Faculty ACSC, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 1975-1977 – Northern Arizona University, AFROTC, Flagstaff, AZ
- 1978-1979 – 22d Bomb Wing Staff, March AFB, CA
Awards & Decorations
Military & Civilian Education
- Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, VA
- Dixon High School, Dixon, OH
- Miami of Ohio University, Oxford, OH
- Inter-American University, Puerto Rico