Edward A. Lloyd
Preferred Name: Ed
Nickname/Call Sign: Ed
Date Of Birth: 05-30-1934
Highest Military Grade Held: Col 06
Hometown: Charles Town, WV
- FED-Univ of Maryland
- 1954 Pre Flt Cadets Lackland AFB, TX.
- 1954 UPT Primary Hondo AB, TX. PA-18, T-6D
- 1956 UPT Basic Bryan AFB, TX. T-28, T-33
- 1956 AW FTR. Interceptor Moody AFB, GA. T-33, F-94C
- 1956 97th FIS New Castle CO. Aprt.,DE. F-94C, T-33,C-119
- 1956 18th FIS Ladd AFB, Fairbanks, AK. F-89D, T-33
- 1957 433FIS Ladd AFB, AK Fairbanks AK. F-89D, T-33
- 1957 49th FIS Ladd AFB, AK Fairbanks AK. F-89D, T-33
- 1957 1708th Ferrying WG. Kelly AFB, TX. T-33, F-94C, F100F
- 1958 63rd ABG. Donandson AFB, SC. C-45, T-33
- 1960 6139th ABG. Misawa AFB, JA. T-33
- 1963 3532 PTS, Moody AFB, GA. T-33, T37, T-38C
- 1966 4515th CCTS, Luke AFB, AZ. F-100F, C, D
- 1967 614th TFS, Phan Rang, RVN F-100D, F
- 1968 3615 PTS, Craig AFB, AL. T-38C
- 1971 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, AL.
- 1972 Sembach AB, GE.
- 1972 Hahn AB, GE. 50th OMS Sq. Comdr.
- 1973 Hahn AB, GE. 50th TFW DCM F-4D/E
- 1975 Bergstrom AFB, TX., 602nd TAIRCW LG/DCM O-2, OV-10, CH-53
- 1977 Bergstrom AFB, TX. 12AF LG Staff
- 1978 Kunsan AB, ROK 8th TFW DCM F-4D/E
- 1979 Bergstrom AFB, TX. 602 TAIRCW/DCM O-2, OV-10, CH-53
- 1980 Bergstrom AFB, TX. 67th TRW/DCM RF-4C
- 1981 Retired
- USAF Air War College ’72
The tour in VN flying the F-100 was the most enjoyable of my career.
Felt I was finally getting to do what I had been trained for all those years.
Flew 505 hours combat and 320 missions. Did not have one abort in that year which was a testament to the quality of maintenance and dedication of the maintenance troops.
Purchased a 1948 Swift in ’99 and continue to fly teaching the guys the finer points of formation flying.