26 June 1969 – Capt John Casper was serving with the 413th TFS out of Phan Rang AB, Vietnam. On a mission to detect VietCong...Read More
John R. Hartmann
John Robert Hartmann was born and raised in Detroit, MI, and Mountain Lakes, NJ. He attended a Rutgers University graduating with a degree in geology.
The earth sciences gave way to a love of the sky above and he became a fighter pilot with the US Air Force. After a tour of duty in Vietnam, Jack left the service. He became a flight engineer with TWA and survived the myriad of layoffs becoming one of the airline’s top captains. He flew with the Air National Guard in Tucson until his retirement.
1968-1999 TWA pilot – Furloughed 3 times (hired full time at Tucson ANG – thanks BVD!)
1988 A-7 LANA flying around at night at 200’-500’ with my hair on fire using FLIR – whew!
1989-1990 A-7 FWS IP Rich Rose CC
While AZ ANG HQ puke created JACKAL MOA (see southern AZ) – Airspace is power!!!
All my takeoffs equal all my landings……………
BTW Cass, I don’t tint my hair
- 1964 4515 Combat Crew Training Squadron, F-100 training Luke AFB, AZ (F-100)
- 1964-1965 307th/308th Tactical Fighter Squadrons/31st Tactical Fighter Wing, Homestead AFB, FL [TDY Cigli AB, Turkey, Nuke alert] (F-100)
- 1965-1966 308th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Bien Hoa AB, Vietnam (F-100)
- 1966-1968 4517th Combat Crew Training Squadron, Luke AFB, AZ (F-100 IP)
- 1969-1970 Atlantic City NJ ANG (F-100, F-105)
- 1970-1992 162nd Tactical Fighter Group, Tucson ANG (F-100, A-7 IP, F-16)
- 1996 Wittmund AB, Germany, dart tow (F-100
Awards & Decorations
Military & Civilian Education
- Geology, Rutgers University