Jim N. Tarro
Preferred Name: Jim
Nickname/Call Sign: El Toro
Date Of Birth: 09-05-1934
Highest Military Grade Held: Capt, O 3
Hometown: Tualatin, OR
- MD, 1966, Internal Medicine Specialty 1970
- Practiced from 1970 to Jan 2002
- Retired from active practice, have done clinical trials and pharmaceutical research to present.
- Part owner of Clinical Research company, Columbia Research Group which we just formed in Jan 2010.
- July 1955 to Oct 1956, Aviation Cadet Training,Class 57-Bravo, San Antonio, Hondo, Bryan AFB, TX PA-18s, T-6s, T-33s.
- Oct 1956 to March 1957, Gunnery, Williams AFB, AZ, F-86s
- Mar 1957 to May 1957, Fighter Weapons School, Nellis AFB NV, F-100A
- May 1957 to Jan 1960, Chaumont AB France, F-100Ds
- Jan 1960 to June 1960, 48th FBW/TFW, pulled Alert at Hahn, then at Landsthul. RAF Lakenheath, F-100s
- Aug 1960 to Aug 1962, Utah Air Guard, F-86D/L/K.
I have the fondest memories of the greatest group of guys, think of some of them almost every day and have for years! One outstanding memory, Ben “Rut” Fuller and I delivered what I believe were the first two F-100s to Turkey. Picked them up at Getafe, Spain and worked our way to Eskishier, Turkey, mostly at a lower level using roads, bridges and RR track to navigate. Only a rare ADF beacon available. Hell, I’m at a point now where even Mobil Control wasn’t too bad. What wonderful memories!