Lothar “Andy” Olman
Preferred Name: Andy
Nickname/Call Sign: Panda
Date Of Birth: 09-04-1931
Highest Military Grade Held: Lt Colonel , O5
Hometown: Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Science Degree from American Technological University
- 1956 Personnel Craig AFB, Alabama- FEB – JQC – T-33A.
- 1957 Williams AEB, AZ F-86.
- 1958 Nellis AFB, NV F-100A/F.
- 1959 72/510 TFS Clark AB, PI F-l00D/F.
- 1961 522 TFS Cannon AFB, NM F-l00D/F. Nuke alert Incirlik, Turkey.
- 1963 80 TFS Itazuke Aft Japan F-105D/F.
- 1964 -80 TFS Yokota AB. Japan – TDY Korat & Takhli Thailand & Nuke alert Osan
- AB, Korea – F-105D/F.
- 1966 35/36/80 TFS 5th AF Fuchu AS, Japan – Fighter Ops Div – F-I 05D/F -.
- 1967 429 TFS Nellis AFB, NV F-111A. Combat Lancer Takhli,Thailand 67/68.
- 1968 I 2th AF Stan/Eval Bergstrom AFB, TX F- Ill A/E/D/F & T-33A
- 1972 Commander Dci. 1 405 FW Tainan Aft Taiwan T-33A.
- I973 Plans/Ops HQ PACAF Hawaii
- 1977 Exercise Plans Bergstrom AFB. TX
- 1979 Retired Bergstrom AFB, TX.
- Aviation Cadet Pilot training Greenville AB, Miss 1952 and graduated Laredo AFB, Texas class 53D-2 in July 1953.
- Medical separation from service Nov 1953 thru Sep 1956.
From the USAF , went directly to work for Mercedes –Benz of Austin (33yrs).
I am still married to the same lady since 1955- Rusty.