Raymond A. Malacarne
Preferred Name: Ray
Nickname/Call Sign: Ray
Date Of Birth: 09-13-1935
Highest Military Grade Held: Major, O4
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
- BS: Business Management, University of South Florida, 1978.
- 1956-1959: 98th FIS, Dover DE, R/O F-89, F-101
- 1960-1960: Pilot Tng, Spence/Craig/Luke/Nellis
- 1961-1965: 77th TFS, RAF Weathersfield, UK Pilot F-100
- 1965-1969: 3500th PTS, Reese AFB TX, IP T-38
- 1970-1971: 306th TFS, Tuy Hoa AB, RVN IP F-100, 612th TFS, Phan Rang AB, RVN IP F-100
- 1971-1975 4007th CCTS, Plattsburg AFB IP FB-111
- Basic, Nav, Pilot, SOS, ACSC
I retired in 1975 and moved to Sarasota FL.
Went to USF for 3 years and then signed on as a ground school instructor with United Airlines.
Got a line number in 1986 and flew the 757, 767 and the 747-400. I also had ratings in the 727 and DC-10.
Retired at age 60 in 1995 and Moved to Bradenton FL. Still married (Gwen), have one son (Mark), and 2 Grandkids (Ray & Victoria).