28 June 1965 – U.S. forces launch the first major offensive in the Vietnam War. “In the first major offensive ordered for U.S. forces, 3,000...Read More
Robert A. Hanson
In 1957 Bob Hanson was flying the F-86, when he transitioned to the F-100A Transition at Nellis AFB, NV. From 1957 to 1958 he flew the Hun with the 31st Tactical Fighter Squadron, out of Turner AFB, GA.
- 1954-1955 Single Engine Flight School, Bartow, FL & Laredo, TX (T-6, T-28, T-33)
- 1955-1956 Transition, Randolph Field, TX (C-119)
- 1956-1957 6147th Tactical Control Group, Kimpo, Korea, (LT6-G (FAC), C-47D-Special Mission)
- 1957-1957 T-33 Refresher, Selma, AL (T-33)
- F-86 Transition, Williams AFB, AZ (F-86)
- F-100A Transition, Nellis AFB, NV (F-100A)
- 1957-1958 309th Tactical Fighter Squadron/31st Tactical Fighter Wing, Turner AFB, GA
- 9/1957-12/1958 AC&W Training, Tyndall AFB, FL
- 1959- 1960 6053rd Tactical Control Wing, Myrtle Beach, SC. Scopie duty. (T-33, L-20, H-19)
- 1960- 1964 91st Fighter Squadron/81st Tactical Fighter Wing (F-101A/C)
- 1964- 1965 Resigned Regular Commission, separated, 9/1965. Worked for Carolina Biological Supply Co.
- 1966 -1967 Returned to Active Duty, after 8 months 17 days, and re-assigned to 81st TFW, RAF Bentwaters (Thanks to Chuck Maglione)
- 1967 -1968 91st Tactical Fighter Squadron/ 81st Tactical Fighter Wing, Stan Eval (F-101, F-4C)
- 1968 -1969 Selected for SR-71 Program, Beal AFB, CA; Volunteered for SEA after SR-Training was set back nine months to a year through the loss of the trainer aircraft.
- 1969- 1971 F-4 Recurrent training at George AFB, CA/469th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Korat Air Base, Thailand (F-4)
Awards & Decorations
Military & Civilian Education
- Steubenville High School
- 1954 Virginia Military Institute, 1954
- Pre-Med/Chapman University
- MA in Counseling/Psychology