Robert A. Hanson
In 1957 Bob Hanson was flying the F-86, when he transitioned to the F-100A Transition at Nellis AFB, NV. From 1957 to 1958 he flew the Hun with the 31st Tactical Fighter Squadron, out of Turner AFB, GA.
- 1954-1955 Single Engine Flight School, Bartow, FL & Laredo, TX (T-6, T-28, T-33)
- 1955-1956 Transition, Randolph Field, TX (C-119)
- 1956-1957 6147th Tactical Control Group, Kimpo, Korea, (LT6-G (FAC), C-47D-Special Mission)
- 1957-1957 T-33 Refresher, Selma, AL (T-33)
- F-86 Transition, Williams AFB, AZ (F-86)
- F-100A Transition, Nellis AFB, NV (F-100A)
- 1957-1958 309th Tactical Fighter Squadron/31st Tactical Fighter Wing, Turner AFB, GA
- 9/1957-12/1958 AC&W Training, Tyndall AFB, FL
- 1959- 1960 6053rd Tactical Control Wing, Myrtle Beach, SC. Scopie duty. (T-33, L-20, H-19)
- 1960- 1964 91st Fighter Squadron/81st Tactical Fighter Wing (F-101A/C)
- 1964- 1965 Resigned Regular Commission, separated, 9/1965. Worked for Carolina Biological Supply Co.
- 1966 -1967 Returned to Active Duty, after 8 months 17 days, and re-assigned to 81st TFW, RAF Bentwaters (Thanks to Chuck Maglione)
- 1967 -1968 91st Tactical Fighter Squadron/ 81st Tactical Fighter Wing, Stan Eval (F-101, F-4C)
- 1968 -1969 Selected for SR-71 Program, Beal AFB, CA; Volunteered for SEA after SR-Training was set back nine months to a year through the loss of the trainer aircraft.
- 1969- 1971 F-4 Recurrent training at George AFB, CA/469th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Korat Air Base, Thailand (F-4)
Awards & Decorations
Military & Civilian Education
- Steubenville High School
- 1954 Virginia Military Institute, 1954
- Pre-Med/Chapman University
- MA in Counseling/Psychology