Walter M. Burkett, Sr.
Walt Burkett flew the F-86 and F-100 with the 492nd Fighter-Bomber Squadron out of Chaumont AB, France from 1956-1959. He later flew the F-105 out of Nellis, and F-4’s out of MacDill, and in Vietnam and Germany.
- 1956-59 492nd FBS /Chaumont AB, France/ F-86/F-100
- 1960-1962 4523rd/4526th CCTS/ Nellis AFB/ F-100/F105
- 1962-1964 VA-212 (USN)/ Lemoore NAS/ USS Hancock CVA-19 / A-4
- 1964-1968 555TFS/ MacDill AFB/ F4C/D/E
- 1969-1970 559th TFS/ Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam/ F4D/E
- 1970-1972 23rd TFS/ Spangdahlem AB, Germany/ F4D/E
Awards & Decorations
Military & Civilian Education
- Aviation Cadet/ Class 55P/55S
- BA/ Psychology
- MS/ Criminology