28 June 1965 – U.S. forces launch the first major offensive in the Vietnam War. “In the first major offensive ordered for U.S. forces, 3,000...Read More
Donald G. Arneson
Don “Arne” Arneson began his Civilian Aviation Career in September of 1964 with Pan American Airways which ended with the company’s bankruptcy demise in Dec. 1991.
He flew the B-707, DC-8, B-727, L-1011, A-300. He also flew F-86H with the NY ANG (Hancock Field, Syracuse, NY) 1965-66 while based at JFK, New York with Pan Am.
- 1957-1958 Pilot Tng, Hondo AB & Webb AFB (Class 59E)
- 1958-1959 Gunnery Training, Luke AFB, AZ/Nellis AFB, NV (F-100 C/D/F)
- 1959-1960 430th TFS, Cannon AFB,NM (F-100D)
- 1961-1964 10th TFS, Hahn AB, Germany (F-100D)
- July 1964 Discharged
- 1965-1966 NYANG Hancock Field, Syracuse, NY) (F-86)
Awards & Decorations
- F-100 C/D/F
Military & Civilian Education
- Pilot Training: Hondo AB & Webb AFB (Class 59E)
Gunnery Training: Luke AFB & Nellis AFB (F-100 C/D/F)
- 1957 BBA, Texas A&M