James F. Record
Preferred Name: James
Nickname/Call Sign: James
Date Of Birth: Unknown
Highest Military Grade Held: Lt. Gen., O9
Hometown: Unknown, IN
- 1961 Bachelor’s degree in animal science, Purdue University, Ind.
- 1972 Master’s degree in public administration, Auburn University, Ala.
- 1975 Research associate, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, Univ.of TX, Austin
- Nov. 1961 – Dec. 1962, student, pilot training, 3640th Pilot Training Wing, Laredo AFB, TX T-33/T-38
- Jan. 1963 – Nov. 1968 Instructor pilot, 3640th Pilot Training Squadron, Laredo AFB, TX T-33/T-38
- March 1967 – May 1968 Forward Air Controller, Chu Lai, Hue, Quang Tri, and Khe Sahn Air Base, RVN 0-1/ 0-2
- May 1968 – Jan 1969, F-100 instructor pilot, 308th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Tuy Hoa Air Base, RVN F-100
- Jan 1969 – Aug 1971, Flight and academic instructor, USAF Instrument Pilot Instructor Training, 3511th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph Air Force Base, TX T-38
- Aug 1971 – Aug 1972, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL
- Aug 1972 – May 1975, Air Operations Officer, fighter division, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Programs and Resources, Headquarters USAF, Washington, D.C.
- June 1975 – June 1976, Research Associate, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, Univ, of Texas, Austin, TX
- Aug 1976 – June 1977, student, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL.
- Jul 1977 – Nov 1979, Chief of Safety; later, Combat Support Group Deputy Commander; later, Combat Support Group Commander, 347th Tactical Fighter Wing, Moody AFB, GA.
- Mar 1980 – Mar 1982, Assistant Deputy Commander for Operations; later, Deputy Commander for Operations, 23rd Tactical Fighter Wing, England AFB, LA. A-7D
- Mar 1982 – May 1983, Vice Commander; later, Commander, 8th Tactical Fighter Wing, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
- May 1983 – May 1984, Commander, 58th Tactical Training Wing, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz. F-16
- May 1984 – Oct 1985, Commander, 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah F-16
- Oct 1985 – Sep 1987, Commander, 833rd Air Division, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
- Sep 1987 – Mar 1988, Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force Middle East (Afloat), Persian Gulf-North Arabian Sea
- Mar 1988 – June 1990, Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, FL
- June 1990 – June 1992, Chief of Staff, United Nations Command and Republic of Korea/United States Combined Forces Command, Yongsan Army Garrison, Seoul, South Korea
- June 1992 – June 1995, Vice Commander, 12th Air Force and U.S. Southern Command Air Forces, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ (While in that position, he took command of Joint Task Force Southwest Asia from
- November 1992 until March 1993)
- June 1995 – Jul 1996, 12th Air Force and U.S. Southern Command Air Forces, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
- 1964 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- 1971 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
- 1972 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- 1977 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala
Submitted by: Dewey Clawson